Terms & Conditions
Appleton Games Appleton House, 12 The Down Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8QW United Kingdom
1. General1a. Appleton Games (‘We’) are a UK sole trader company operating under UK law. We reserve the right to make alterations to this website and its terms and conditions for use at any time. Changes of this nature will take effect when posted on our website (see date listed at top of Terms & Conditions page) and it is your responsibility to read these terms and conditions on each occasion you use our website. Continued use of the website shall signify acceptance of the latest terms and conditions for use of www.gbracers.com
1b. If you are not personally the consumer, you confirm that you attain the authority to bind any business or organisation on whose behalf you use this website by these terms and conditions.
1c. Upon using certain services of Appleton Games, including forums and newsletters, please read the additional information provided with regards to such services as this information will provide you with full details and terms for use.
1d. Many website services, including purchasing will require automatic registration. All information provided on this website must be accurate and complete. Subsequent access to services requiring registration is subject to an approved username and password (‘Password Details’). All Password Details are accepted at our discretion and can be withdrawn at any time. If registration is completed on your behalf during checkout, your log-in details will be emailed on to you. These are exclusive to you, non-transferable and must be treated with strict confidentiality at all times. If you are concerned in any way about your Password Details or aware of misuse you must inform us immediately using our contact us form, or using [email protected] /+44 (0)1225 975 770. Similarly, if you no longer require an account with is, or would like to have your account deleted, you are more than welcome to do so by logging in, or you can contact us to remove it on your behalf.
1e. Appleton Games provides high quality board games and other products. All of these products are guaranteed as genuine and authentic. All items are in mint condition unless otherwise stated in their product description. Boxed products will be in original packaging and the product inside will be in mint condition unless stated otherwise, regardless of any minor damage that packaging may have suffered.
1g. Discount codes supplied by Appleton Games will exclude:
- Sale Items.
- Special Offers.
2. Order process2a. All orders placed on this website are subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
2b. Advertising goods for sale on our website does not mean those goods are offered for sale: an invitation to treat is simply being made. An order is an offer to purchase these items through our website. It is then the discretion of Appleton Games to accept such an offer. If an offer to purchase is not accepted, Appleton Games will write to you as soon as possible to inform you of this decision.
2c. All prices are displayed in £ sterling and include VAT where appropriate under the current applicable rate.
2d. Appleton Games tries to provide accurate price and product information, however, some errors may occur. All product measurements and sizes listed are approximate, but we attempt to ensure they are as accurate as possible.
2e. We cannot confirm the price of an item until after an order is placed. If any item is listed at an incorrect price or any product information is incorrect, Appleton Games reserve the right to cancel or refuse any orders placed for said item. In the event that an item is mis-priced we will contact you with further instruction or cancel your order and notify you of this cancellation. We cannot be held liable for inaccurate information shown on price comparison sites.
2f. Appleton Games reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased per order, household, or customer. These restrictions may be applicable to orders placed using the same card or delivered to the same address. Notification will be provided in the form of an email should this be the case. Appleton Games reserve the right to cancel any order without notification as we see necessary.
2g. The ‘confirmation’ stage sets out the final details of each order. Following this, an order acknowledgement email will be sent to you detailing the products which you have ordered. Please note that this email is not order confirmation or acceptance from Appleton Games. Please print out your order acknowledgement if you would like it for your own records.
2h. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between yourself and Appleton Games will take place upon dispatch of ordered products. Otherwise, we will notify you that we do not accept, or have cancelled your order.
3. Delivery3a. Standard delivery from this website is for delivery of products to customers with mainland UK addresses. For customers in Northern Ireland, The Republic of Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Mann, Scilly Isles and Isle of Wight, delivery can be paid for at an additional cost. Couriers will not offer a guaranteed time for this kind of service, so delivery times shown under Payment & Delivery are estimated, and no claims regarding delivery times are applicable.
3b. Delivery charges and estimated timescales are specified under Payment & Delivery, and also when an order is placed. Every effort is made to deliver goods within estimated time scales, however, delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen circumstances. Appleton Games accept no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products within estimated timescales.
3c. If an item is reported as not arrived, Appleton Games reserve the right to resend the item as opposed to issuing a refund. If an offer is made to resend but declined, we reserve the right to deduct 50% from the value of the refund in order to cover losses in such unusual circumstances. It is also company policy not to entertain future orders from customers placing non-tracked orders and reporting goods missing, until goods are returned to us as undelivered. All packages have return addresses printed on them so will not be entirely lost. In order to avoid this circumstance, it is at the customer’s discretion to use a courier delivery option at a small extra cost (please see Payment & Delivery).
3d. Risk of loss and damage to products passes to you on the date when products are delivered to you, or left with a person, or in a place nominated by you.
3d. Appleton Games are under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products, or to perform obligations specified in our terms and conditions if even partly caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
4. Payment4a. We take payment from your card at the time your order is received by us, once we have checked your card and stock availability. Goods are subject to availability. In the case that we are unable to supply ordered goods we will inform you as soon as possible. A full refund will be awarded where goods have already been paid for.
4b. To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will occasionally validate name, address and other personal information supplied by yourself during order with appropriate third party databases. Acceptance of these terms and conditions indicates acceptance by you of these checks being carried out. Personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency, where a record may be kept of this personal information. This is carried out only to confirm your identity in preventing fraud and credit checks are not performed. Your credit rating will remain unaffected.
4c. If we discover an error in the price of goods ordered, we will inform you prior to the goods being dispatched. The options of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling will be provided. If you choose to cancel and have already paid for goods, a full refund will be received. If we are unable to contact you, the order will be treated as cancelled.
4d. Payments will be taken using Stripe’s secure payment system or PayPal and can be made by methods detailed under Payment & Delivery. No sensitive information will be stored on our servers.
4e. Title to any products you order from Appleton Games shall pass to you upon delivery, after payment has been processed and received in full.
4f. All pre-orders will have their payment taken at the point of ordering. In the event that the price of a pre-order decreases between the date of purchase and the release date, this difference will be refunded to your account in the form of Loyalty Reward Points for use on our website.
5. Returns, Cancellations & Substitutions5a. Where applicable, you may cancel your order in accordance with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges Regulations). If you change your mind and wish to return an item, you have 14 days from receiving your order to inform us of your decision (please see Returns Policy for more information). In the unlikely event that an item is faulty or damaged upon receipt, please also refer to our Returns Policy.
5b. If you decide to cancel a pre-order, a full refund is offered until the day on which goods are dispatched. Your order, however, cannot be cancelled from our supplier, and for this reason we reserve the right not to entertain future business with customers for this reason. Please keep this in mind when placing pre-orders with us.
5c. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide a complete address. Under the circumstance in which goods are posted but cannot be delivered due to customer error, we reserve the right to charge for additional postage to resend items after they are returned to us by the delivery service. In this situation, however, the customer may choose to treat the order as unwanted under our Returns Policy.
5d. We try our utmost to ensure the correct items are sent to you. If there is an issue with our packing and your order is incorrect, you are required to inform us within three working days of receiving the order so that we can put any problem right. If we do not hear from you within three working days of receipt, we will consider the accepted goods as correct.
5e. On some occasions, manufacturer product specifications may change. In this case we do our best to offer a similar alternative. We may experience problems with supplying certain products and may therefore supply a substitute of the same or better quality, at the same price. If you are not happy with this substitute item, you can return it in accordance with our Returns Policy.
5f. Orders that are returned using a Free Post Label provided by Appleton Games will not have their outbound shipping costs refunded, except in cases where the product was faulty or supplied incorrectly.
5g. We cannot guarantee pre-order stock when placing pre-payment for an item, due to supplier stock levels being beyond our control. In the very rare event that our pre-order allocation for an item is cut-short by suppliers you will be informed as soon as possible and offered a full refund or the opportunity to wait until the item is restocked
6. Intellectual Property6a. All copyrights, trademarks, and intellectual property rights in all materials made available as part of your use of this website will remain at all times vested in us or our licencors, and you are permitted to use this material only with appropriate authorisation.
6b. All material and content contained within this website is made available for personal and non-commercial use, and may only be downloaded for the purpose of using www.gbracers.com. Other use of materials on this website is prohibited, and users agree not to copy, reproduce, publish, or commercially exploit our content.
7. Miscellaneous7a. Our products are sold based on domestic use only. If they are used for business reasons, please ensure appropriate insurance cover is provided. All warranties and conditions relating to fitness for purpose are excluded under such circumstances.
7c. Delay or failure by Appleton Games to exercise rights or powers under these terms and conditions do not operate as a waiver of them. Any waiver must be in writing and signed by authorised representation of Appleton Games.
7d. Any positive comments or reviews made regarding service provided by Appleton Games through our website, email, or any social media outlet may be used as a testimonial on the website. Should we use your comment as a testimonial and you do not want it to be shown, please Contact Us and we will remove it.
8. Outlet Store8a. Please note that all items within our outlet section contain a level of damage to the packaging, which in no way effects game play. Outlet products will be clearly marked in the title as belonging to A, B or C grade.
- A Grade products will arrive with their cellophane and have superficial damage to the box.
- B Grade products will arrive without cellophane and have sustained varying levels of exterior damage, this may include dents and creases.
- C Grade products will arrive without cellophane and contain varying levels of damage, this may include tears, dents and some crushing to the box.
8b. Items listed in the Outlet Store (A, B or C grade) will not be eligible for return, except in rare instances where the game is not playable upon delivery. This may be due to missing pieces, or damage that goes beyond the described grade boundaries.
9. Loyalty Reward Points9a. These Terms and Conditions form a contract between Appleton Games and you, the ‘Account Holder’, in relation to how Loyalty Reward Points are earned and spent.
9b. Any participation in the Loyalty Reward Points system is considered acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions.
9c. We reserve the right to alter or withdraw Loyalty Reward Points at any time without notice.
9d. Loyalty Reward Points have no monetary value.
9e. Your Appleton Games Account may be terminated at any time if we feel that there is misuse of the system.
9f. Any points spent on an order which is then returned will be reimbursed.
9g. Any points earned on an order which is then returned will have those points rescinded.
9h. Points are awarded or earned on any purchases made at www.gbracers.com.
9i. Loyalty Reward Points cannot be earned on purchases made prior to joining the Loyalty Reward Points scheme.
9j. Account holders will receive points on qualifying purchases calculated at a rate of 100 points per £1 spent.
9k. Appleton Games reserves the right to vary the rate at which points are earned including special offers and other promotions.
9l. Products may be excluded from the scheme at our discretion.
9m. Points are displayed on your Loyalty Reward Points account as soon as payment has been received.
9n. To qualify for redemption of Loyalty Reward Points a minimum of 10,000 points must be accrued. You are then able to use these on qualifying purchases.
9p. Loyalty Reward Points can only be used as part payment towards a product online; points can still be earned on the money part value of that order.
9q. Appleton Games will notify account holders of any changes online at www.gbracers.com.
9r. We reserve the right to add limits to other activity which do not directly involve purchases but still earn points (e.g. points earned through referrals, reviews).
Please print out these terms and conditions if you would like them for your own records. If you have any unanswered questions, please contact us.